Rotary Means Business – A Rotary International Fellowship
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
April 15, 2014 5:00 pm GMT -8:00
Next meeting – July 15, 2014 – 5:00 pm GMT -8:00
Present: Mark Burchill, Chair (Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, California USA), Yale Abrams, Vice Chair (Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, California USA), Troy Carrington, Board Member (Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, California USA), Wayne Rowlands, Secretary (Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, California USA), Sachin Gururaj, Board Member (Rotary Club of Bangalore Yelahanka, India), Arthur Claxton, Board Member (Rotary Club of Surrey Guildford, British Columbia, Canada), John McHugh, Treasurer (Rotary club of Santa Rosa, California, USA), Tony Benner (Rotary Club of Sydney, Australia)
The meeting was called to order at 5:00PM PST by the Rotary Means Business Fellowship Chairman, Mark Burchill. We attempted to add members via Skype which was problematic.
• Procedure/Technology for non-local Board members to participate in meetings – We have selected Skype for remote connections. Due to the significant problems with Skype, we are going to move to another video-conferencing technology for the next meeting. Wayne suggested Google Hangout.
• Individual membership – The annual membership fee is now set at $10 and can be paid on the website.
• Local group affiliation – The annual group fee is set at $30 and can be paid on the website.
• The ballot for the upcoming elections are now posted on the website. The election conclude on June 30, 2014.
• RI Convention, Booth: Booth in House of Friendship will be organized by Mark Burchill. We will be reaching out to Tony Benner, member of the Rotary Club of Sydney, Australia. Some of the things that will be required will be: Collateral materials, Power Point or video, Display, Logo product to sell, Staffing schedule
• RI Convention, Annual Meeting: Scheduled for Monday, June 2, 14:00-15:30.
• Lifetime membership - A discussion was held on whether the Fellowship should we offer lifetime membership. It was decided that it was too early to make this decision. The Board wants to wait a few months and see how annual membership goes. Tabled until the July Board meeting.
• Upcoming RMB Fellowship board meetings:
o July 15, 2014 (new Board)
o October 21, 2014
o January 20, 2015
o April 21, 2015
o June 7-10, 2015 (Potential dates @ Sao Paulo)
o July 21, 2015
o October 20, 2015
o Regular schedule: 3rd Tuesday of 1st month in quarter (Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct)
Meeting adjourned – 6:00 pm